"No life has been found on other planets. " So says Dr. Steven Benner, panelist scheduled to take part in a NASA press conference tomorrow. Every major media outlet along with about a hundred thousand blogs are reporting that the press conference may include an announcement of a discovery of life on other planets.
I spoke with Dr. Benner this afternoon and while the exact contents of the press conference are under embargo, he did confirm a few key facts.
1) The press conference will NOT include an announcement of life on another planet. Instead, "it will be all Earth centric. We're going to be talking about the basic chemistry of life on earth and whether it can be different. "
2) Dr. Benner will be the skeptic on the panel "and you're going to hate me at the end of the day. I'm going to be there to say that this is not proven and I'm going to dampen everyone's enthusiasm."
3) The discussion will focus on a paper to be published in Science by Felisha Wolf-Simon, one of the other scheduled panelists. According to Dr. Benner, "she will be excited."
4) Some journalists have been given advanced copies of the article under condition of an information embargo.
5) NASA will not be releasing any new information on EEStor energy storage which clearly is of alien origin since no one can figure out how the technology works including inventor Dick Weir.
PS. If you are an alien, I'd love to interview you. But only if you're using EESU's.